Pharmaclinix Photo Agex Serum :
repairs sun damaged skin
Photo Agex® Serum is a micro peel and rejuvenation night serum consisting of a combination of high strength acids & anti-oxidants for photo-damaged skin in people who do not wish to have a full skin peel procedure.
- Reduces pigmentation
- Reduces wrinkles
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves hydration
- Smoothens skin
- Increases collagen & dermal matrix
Photo Agex® Serum is ideal if you have:
- Sun-burnt skin
- Combination of Wrinkles & hyperpigmentation
- Chemical peels, micro-dermabrasion, laser, dermarolling
How it works :
Sunlight consists of UVA & UVB rays, in addition to visible light. These rays cause “sun damage”, “photo damage” or “photo ageing”, through over-exposure to the sun during the natural life span of an individual.
There are two types of UV rays:
- UVA rays penetrate deep into the skin resulting in early aging (wrinkles) and skin cancer.
- UVB rays damage the surface of the skin and are the main source of sunburns.
You are continually exposed to harmful UVA rays, whether you are driving, sitting next to a window, gardening even on a cloudy day or even indoors! Sun damage is a form of extrinsic aging, which occurs due to repeated & unprotected exposure to the sun. This damage is accumulative and therefore over whelms the bodies healing ability. With increased exposure to UV radiation, your anti-oxidant levels decrease and the skin becomes damaged due to the free radicals triggered by the sun.
The symptoms of photo damage are:
- Fine wrinkles
- Deep wrinkles
- Brown patches
- Small blood vessels
- Roughness or scaly patches
- Thick or fragile skin
- Massage on clean damp skin at night.
- It is advised to use Photo Agexe Serum three nights a week for the first week followed by four nights a week.
- Increasing by one Application on a weekly basis so by the end of week four you may use it every night.
- Must wear sun protection SPF 50 while using Photo Agexe Serum & for one week after discontinuing use.
- May cause tingling, which subsides after 5 minutes
- Superficial redness & flaking is normal & will subside in a week
- L-Ascorbic Acid (Stable)
- Promotes collagen production
- Removes Hyperpigmentation
- Excellent Antioxidant
- Reduces Photo ageing
- Reduces oxidative stress caused by UV exposure
- Stable fat soluble Vitamin C
- Actinic keratosis
- Seborrheic keratosis, wrinkles & acne
- Enhances absorption of Ascorbic acid & Retinaldehyde
- Direct melangonesis inhibitor
- Increases epidermal hydration & thickness
- Reduces dryness causes by Glycolic acid & Ascorbic acid
- Gentle exfoliant
- Enhances Ascorbic acid absorption
- Intense moisturiser
- Corrects dryness
- Renews epidermal cells
- With glycolic acid removes wrinkles
- UV filter
- Mild exfoliant
- Fibroblast stimulator
- Excellent moisturiser
- Lipophylic keratolytic